Sunday, January 9, 2011

All over the shop

Such a splendid saying - I wonder where it came from. I have some suspicions.

New year, same old me. I find that am I identifying a little too much with John M. Wagner's Maxine, particularly her attitude to daily organisation. I'm thinking specifically of 11am, but not just that.

Rather than clean my desk today, I volunteered to do the household shopping. How desperate is that! First stop was the newsagent, where I bought a lifestyle magazine that featured an article on the benefits of meditating with a brief outline of how to do it.

A few years ago I bought a book about knitting meditation, Mindful Knitting. I loved reading it and then gave it away to someone who I thought would go beyond reading about it.

Tomorrow I will sit still for twenty minutes and give the method outlined in the magazine a trial.

No comments:

Post a Comment