Monday, July 5, 2010

Not posting, knitting

June flashed by with a click, clack of needles.
There was no time to post.
Projects finished - one feather and fan shoulder shawl in a beautiful superwash sock yarn by Lang. Knitted in two weeks - nothing like a deadline to focus the mind.
The yarn, Jawoll Magic, is dyed so it drifts from one colour to another, which has the effect of creating beautiful, but gentle, striping throughout. It has a soft feel to it and slips easily through the fingers.
I knitted it on 4.50mm needles and one skein was enough to cover the shoulders.
I forgot to take a picture before I gave it away to my mother for her 90th birthday, so I'll have to make another, won't I?

Sock now has a heel, but I'm hearing no gush of gratitude
'Oh, woe
I've got part of a foot
But still missing a toe'

Projects begun - the first of the patterns for a book I started in 2007. A practice piece will be revealed soon...

1 comment:

  1. I saw a book in the library "newest books" shelf and on the cover was written large: Knitting the Perfect Pair - Secrets to Great Socks.

    I thought of you. I thought I could do it. I thought I should take that book home.

    I did take it home.
    I read it.
    I didn't understand it.

    Sock knitting seems to be incredibly hard. An exotic art known to few.

    Is sock knitting the mark of a master knitter?

    ReplyDelete