Friday, May 28, 2010

So much for that

'So much for that,' said Sock. 'Another week nearly gone and I'm still staring down the Moggies. I'm still a half calf not yet down to the ankle. I wouldn't mind, but it's been this way since February. And, unless you find an amputee, I need a twin.'

'C'mon,' says Flourish. I could almost see it point its fingers to its forehead. Thankfully it does not have one. I knew I shouldn't have worked on it while I was thinking about tennis. 'C'mon. Only two more rows to go.'

Yeah, Flourish, but those rows are 240 stitches each. And you've had a good run for a veggie project. You're supposed to be a support act you know, not the diva.

'Ugh! No need for clipped language, Flourish. And you may look a bit Victorian Gothic, but you don't know Gothic like I do,' says Come Inside. 'Come on , come inside. You know you want to. I've hooked you with my ghostly opening chapters and I know that you want to know more.'

'Forget them! Where's our dinner and when are you going to get another job?' the Moggies demand. 'We need to keep eating if you want to get any sleep, you know.'

2 comments:

  1. Okay, okay... I realise I just have to go and buy that book! It sounds so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting, but unfortunately I haven't got far! The first part (only part I've read) is written from various points of view. Historical stuff, with eye witness snippets thrown in, a manuscript and the perceptions of a character in a dreamlike situation.

    ReplyDelete