Sunday, May 23, 2010

A book, a flourish and turning a heel - this week's projects

Part of the reason for my bags of UFOs (Unfinished Objects) has to do my need for a complete absence of distractions once I pass the 'veggie knitting' stage of a project.

So I've started a project that, to tide me over until I find a quiet, cat-free hour and good natural light to turn the heel of a sock that I want to finish. (Uh-oh!)

It's a crochet scarf with a splendid name - 'Flourish'. A great word that has the lush sound of the sensation that it is describing, so who could resist a pattern with that name?

But Flourish and Sock will be competing with an intriguing novel that I purchased last week - and my ongoing search for a career change.

Come Inside is the first novel of Glenys Osborne and is the product of ten year's work. Now that's inspiring. While she was working on the novel, Glenys found time to write award winning short stories. Two of them, 'The feeder', 2007 and 'A house was built around you while you slept', 2008 won second prize in The Age short story competition.

After receiving baffled looks when I asked for it in bookshops, I ordered a copy. Then I saw that Readings have it in stock. Next time I'll go there first.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous sock! I hope the heel turns well for you, lol.

    I'll have to look for that novel - the plot seems interesting.

    ReplyDelete