Saturday, October 9, 2010

Goodbye Solitaire, goodbye Freecell

A year well advanced and not much finished off. Maybe I'll change it to The Years of Starting Again and Again and Again.

This morning I started resolutely. I deleted Solitaire and Freecell from the main computer. Freecell - one word or two? I'm resisting turning on the laptop to find out. Already I'm amazed at how many times I've had the urge to play those games. Instead, I browsed websites that have Getting Organised/Organized as the subject.

On one website, in the context of cleaning and decluttering, I discovered a link to a video that shows you how to clean windows. And a link to another one that shows you how to clean an oven.

I wonder who watches things like that.

3 comments:

  1. I have my computer divided into two separate users, and in the one where I write, I have no games. I can't access games when I sign in as that person. I did start off with no internet access either, but I found I needed to check things out for my writing. So far, about a year into this idea, I have never accessed the Net on that side for anything other than writing information.

    Would that work for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Parlance. I wish that I had thought of it. However, now that I have deleted the games I'm finding that I spend less, but more productive, time on the main computer. I still have a laptop with games still installed, but I have never enjoyed playing games on it, so the association is not there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I reckon you are onto something - it is an association, a habit. I must try to kick it. Maybe next week...

    ReplyDelete